ORGANIZATION: The American Alpine Club
LOCATION: Golden, CO
POSITION: Development Coordinator
The American Alpine Club is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that provides knowledge and inspiration, conservation and advocacy, and logistical support for the climbing community. The AAC advocates for American climbers domestically and around the world; provides grants and volunteer opportunities to protect and conserve the places we climb; hosts local and national climbing festivals and events; publishes two of the world’s most sought-after climbing annuals, the American Alpine Journal and Accidents in North American Mountaineering; cares for the world’s leading climbing library and country’s leading mountaineering museum; manages the Grand Teton Climbers’ Ranch and Hueco Rock Ranch as part of a larger lodging network for climbers; and annually gives about $100,000 toward climbing, conservation, and research grants to adventurers who travel the world.
To support our shared passion for climbing and respect for the places we climb.
A united community of competent climbers and healthy climbing landscapes.
Everyone who loves climbing.
Authoritative climbing information, knowledge and resources benefit and inspire us and future generations.
Advocacy and leadership advance our climbing interests and promote conservation.
Community and competency strengthen and embolden us to push our limits.
WEB SITE: www.americanalpineclub.org
The Development Coordinator supports the Department of Regional
programs & Development in all activities related to fundraising, donor
cultivation, and event planning.
- Plans, manages, and executes successful live & silent auctions at the Annual Benefit Dinner. This includes working directly with a volunteer host committee responsible for fundraising support, staff, and the Fund Development Committee of the AAC Board.
- Works directly with the Development Director & Manager to conduct research and implement strategic plans to identify and cultivate major donor prospects.
- Works directly with the Development Director and Development Manager to support them as the external fundraising leaders of the organization.
- Database administration
- Development administration including, but not
- Donation Letters & Letter Reports
- Mailing Lists
- Administrate Corporate Partner and Great Ranges Fellowship Programs
- Other duties as assigned
The Development Coordinator reports to Development Director
and works closely with all staff as appropriate to meeting department
CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES/ QUALIFICATIONS:
We seek candidates with drive, ambition, a detail-oriented personality and who are interested in joining a dynamic development operation with much untapped potential. We require extraordinary written and interpersonal communication skills, experience in complex event planning and volunteer management, as well as the ability and interest in efficiently managing the department’s overall administration tasks. Experience with Microsoft Excel & Word, and database systems preferred.
Candidates should include a description of any climbing
experience as part of their cover letter and/or resume.
$25,000 plus medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation and personal days, paid holidays.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO (email preferred):
American Alpine Club
710 Tenth St., Suite 100
Golden, CO 80401
Position is open until filled; preferred application deadline December 31, 2013