2014 Guidebook to Membership Photo Contest
Send in your raddest climbing photos for a chance to be showcased in the 2014 Guidebook to Membership! Contest starts January 28 and ends February 7.
How to submit the photo:
- Please send high resolution climbing related photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a brief description of the photo (who, what, where) and photo credit information (who took the photo).
- Mark e-mail subject line as “GTM Photo Contest.”
- Keep it clean. Please do not submit more than five awesome photos for this contest.
- Add a three-sentence blurb telling us “Why do you love the AAC?” Best submissions may be included in GTM.
Photo Contest Details and Rules:
- The Guidebook to Membership is a publication for and by the AAC. For that reason, this contest is for AAC members only.
- Photos must be shot in High Resolution to be considered.
- All photo submissions must be taken by the person submitting the photo(s). This person must also have full copyright privileges for the submitted photograph.
- Photos should be related to climbing or other active mountain activity (backpacking, ski mountaineering, slacklining, etc.) climbing conservation, or incredible climbing or mountain landscapes. We welcome climbing culture/lifestyle shots.
- By submitting your photo to the 2014 GTM Photo Contest you give the American Alpine Club the right to reuse your photo for future purposes (marketing, advertising, etc.) through a Royalty Free License Agreement.
- The AAC will post all of the photos to an album on the morning of February 5. As soon as the album is posted, “like” your favorite photo. Get your friends to like the AAC and vote too!
- Friday, February 7 by 12 MST, your time to comment has ended. AAC Staff will select the best photo, taking number of likes into account. By that afternoon, we’ll post the winner and contact them via email.
- Please note, by entering this contest you release Facebook of all responsibility for the contest. Facebook is not sponsored by, endorsed by, or administered by Facebook in any way—it is under the complete control of The American Alpine Club. Any information disclosed is to the Club, not Facebook. Full Facebook commentary on promotions running on Facebook can be read here: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php
- SUBMISSION PERIOD: Contest starts Tuesday January 28 and ends Tuesday, February 4 at noon.
- VOTING PERIOD: Wednesday February 5 thru Friday, February 7. Voting ends at noon.
- Winners will be contacted via e-mail on Friday, February 7.
Winner(s): One winner will receive an AAC Innate Flask, Mountainsmith Sixer Cooler, AAC pint glass, and a "Get on the Bus" t-shirt.
The AAC will also choose our favorites to be added in the 2014 Guidebook to Membership. If you’re chosen, over 20,000 people will see your photo!
Last Year's Winner as featured in the 2013 Guidebook to Membership